We left for the metro early this morning. It wasn't too crowded when we got on, but... As we continued, the train in front of us stopped and had to unload because someone obviously tried to get in as the doors were closing and caused door problems. Our train was packed. Next they said our stop was closed, and we would have to go to the next stop. This caused great conversation, searching of maps, and a bit of panic. When they later announced our stop had opened one could feel the release of stress.
The crowd was amazing. Chants of Obama started in the metro and continued on The Mall. We were lucky enough to be between the Washington Monument and Capitol, but it was crowded. It sounds like it couldn't be heard on television, but Bush was booed and serenaded with a rendition of "Goodbye, goodbye, hey heeey, gooodbye."
I think these videos will best show where I was standing. My favorite video is the video of people serenading W. What the videos don't show are the barricades, cops and Army guys doing little to help people out, and the brief moments of stress S and I felt trying to keep her two small children (7 & 8) from being trampled. I will admit when we were on The Mall, we were surrounded by a large contingency of black women who protected our "babies."
Instead of taking the metro out of the city, we walked four miles to Reagan National Airport, and then took the metro the remainder of the way. It was a fabulous day!!!
The crowd was amazing. Chants of Obama started in the metro and continued on The Mall. We were lucky enough to be between the Washington Monument and Capitol, but it was crowded. It sounds like it couldn't be heard on television, but Bush was booed and serenaded with a rendition of "Goodbye, goodbye, hey heeey, gooodbye."
I think these videos will best show where I was standing. My favorite video is the video of people serenading W. What the videos don't show are the barricades, cops and Army guys doing little to help people out, and the brief moments of stress S and I felt trying to keep her two small children (7 & 8) from being trampled. I will admit when we were on The Mall, we were surrounded by a large contingency of black women who protected our "babies."
Instead of taking the metro out of the city, we walked four miles to Reagan National Airport, and then took the metro the remainder of the way. It was a fabulous day!!!
Comments